1095-B for 2019 tax year will not be mailed
The Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2018 changed the reporting requirements for many Americans with healthcare coverage. The information below should help you provide guidance to your group and individual clients as they prepare their 2019 taxes.
Here are a few talking points about the changes:
- 1095-B form – In the past, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and its family of affiliates have prepared and mailed 1095-B forms for policyholders who have group coverage (large and small) and individuals who have off-exchange coverage, as required by the Affordable Care Act. Under the new law, Americans no longer need to verify proof of insurance coverage when they file their 2019 federal income tax forms. Due to this change, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield will not be mailing 1095-B forms in 2020. However, copies of the 1095-B form will be supplied to members who request them.
Members may request a 1095-B form from their health plans as follows:
5 Allied Drive, Suite 800
Little Rock, AR 72202
Enterprise Exchange Services (Exchange members)
P.O. Box 2181
Little Rock, AR 72203-2181
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Arkansas Blue Cross is required to furnish a copy of a requested 1095-B within 30 days of receipt. Members may also access and print a 1095-B form through the My Blueprint or My Tracker member portals beginning March 2.
As a reminder, the following members do not receive 1095-B forms from Arkansas Blue Cross or its affiliates:
- Arkansas Works (A 1095-B may be requested from the Arkansas Department of Human Services. Visit humanservices.arkansas.gov/about-dhs/dco/form-1095-b-health-coverage for details on how to request a 1095-B.)
- Exchange policyholders (a form 1095-A is provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
- Members of self-funded health plans (the 1095-C is provided by their employer)
- Medi-Pak® Advantage plans
- Medi-Pak® Medicare supplement policyholders
- 1095-C forms – Fully insured groups of more than 50 full-time employees and self-funded health plans are still required to furnish form 1095-C to members of their health plans. Employers who wish to receive an employee roster report should contact Clay Spears (CASpears@arkbluecross.com) or Teri Hunt (TLHunt@arkbluecross.com). Please remind affected group administrators that their employees will not be receiving a 1095-B from Arkansas Blue Cross but that their business still is required to supply members with a 1095-C. If they have questions, please direct them to the irs.gov website.