Complete and Complete Plus Reapplication Process
It’s almost been one year since we launched our limited-duration products – Complete and Complete Plus. Since our launch in 2019, we have sold more than 4,000 policies! Agents have played a big part in the success of this product, and we thank you. It’s time for some Complete/Complete single-term members to think about reapplying for coverage.
Below is some helpful information about the reapplication process:
How will this affect members?
- Complete/Complete Plus reapplication letters began mailing around January 15, 2020.
- Members may reapply for coverage to prevent a lapse.
- To receive continuous coverage, members must reapply no earlier than 45 days prior to their policy expiration date but no later than the 15th day of the month prior to their expiration date.
- As long as an application is received within this timeframe, an offer will be made, and coverage will be guaranteed.
- Coverage is not guaranteed if a member applies for a different plan.
- Normal underwriting rules will apply, and members may be surcharged for conditions. Also, the waiting period for preexisting conditions will start over.
- Remember, these members will not have a special enrollment period to enroll in an Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant health insurance plan from the Health Insurance Marketplace and would have to wait until the next open enrollment period (November 1-December 15, 2020) to do so.
How will this affect agents?
- We will email you a list of contracts that will expire in 45 days.
- You should reach out to the affected clients and inform them of the reapplication process.
- You can assist your clients in the reapplication process by enrolling them in an another Complete or Complete Plus plan on Blueprint for Agents (blueprintforarkansasagents.com). Enrolling clients through Blueprint for Agents will ensure your National Producer Number (NPN) is associated with the enrollment.
The Complete and Complete Plus Business Rules document has been updated with this information. You can refer to the document on Blueprint for Agents or contact your individual product representative with any questions.