2020 Form 1095-B will not be mailed
The Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2018 changed the reporting requirements for many Americans who have healthcare coverage. The information below should help you provide guidance to your group and individual clients as they prepare their 2020 federal income tax returns.
Before January 2020, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and its family of affiliates annually prepared and mailed 1095-B forms for policyholders who had group coverage (large and small) and individuals covered under off-Exchange health plans. Under the new law, Americans no longer need to verify proof of insurance coverage when they file their calendar year 2020 federal income tax returns. Due to this change, Arkansas Blue Cross and its affiliates will not be mailing 1095-B forms in 2021. However, policyholders may receive a copy of their 1095-B upon request.
Members may visit our webpage about Form 1095-B. With the links found there, members can:
- Access their Form 1095-B in the My Blueprint online member portal
- Send an email request for a copy of their Form 1095-B to be mailed to them
Arkansas Blue Cross is required to furnish a requested copy of a 1095-B within 30 days of receipt of the request.
As a reminder, the following members do not receive 1095-B forms from Arkansas Blue Cross or its affiliates:
- Arkansas Works (coverage notification is provided by the state)
- Health Insurance Exchange policyholders (coverage notification is provided by the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- Members of self-funded health plans (coverage notification is provided by the employer)
- Medicare Advantage members
- Medi-Pak® Medicare supplement policyholders
Fully insured groups of more than 50 full-time employees and all self-funded group health plans still are required to furnish Form 1095-C to members of their health plans. Employers who wish to receive an employee roster report for this purpose should contact their assigned Arkansas Blue Cross representative.
Call to Action
Please remind group administrators that their employees will not be receiving Form 1095-B from Arkansas Blue Cross by mail but that their business still is required to supply members with Form 1095-C. If they have questions, please direct them to the federal Internal Revenue Service website (irs.gov).