Livongo® – a new tool to manage diabetes
Your Arkansas Blue Medicare clients and prospects now have a powerful new tool to help them manage diabetes – and it’s totally free to them.
Livongo® provides eligible members a simple, advanced blood glucose meter and all the test strips and lancets they need, all for free.
The Livongo program gives members:
- Personalized tips with each blood glucose check
- Optional family alerts to keep everyone in the loop
- Real-time support when they’re out of range
- The ability to send data directly to their doctor
- Capacity to use the meter to reorder strips
- Freedom from paper logbooks (thanks to automatic uploading)
Signing up for Livongo is easy
The first step is to provide some basic information. Then a Livongo coach will call the member to complete the enrollment.
Once the enrollment is completed, a welcome kit should arrive at the member’s door in 3-5 business days.
The meter comes ready to use. Enrollees simply stick a strip into the meter, do their first check … and they’re off.
If you have clients/prospects who might benefit from this value-added benefit of being an Arkansas Blue Medicare member, please feel free to share this information with them or provide them with this PDF flier about Livongo.
Disclaimer: Livongo Health is an independent company that contracts with Arkansas Blue Medicare to provide diabetes-management programs for selected members.