System change affects Arkansas Blue Cross member numbers, ID cards
Beginning April 2017 through May 2018, Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield will transition our membership, benefits and claims adjudication for our Arkansas Blue Cross groups and members to AMISYS, the data system used for Health Advantage.
This transition will allow us to be more efficient and make adjustments to health plans more easily. Most of this transition will be seamless for our agents and members, but there are some changes that you may notice:
- Effective dates – The original effective date for groups will change to the renewal effective date. For example, if a group’s original effective date was April 1, 2015, after the conversion it will change to April 1, 2017.
- Migration by renewal – Because groups will migrate to the newer system as they renew, you may have groups on the old systems and AMISYS at the same time. This should not be an issue for most agents.
- Member numbers will change – Members will receive new ID cards about 15 to 30 days before each group’s renewal. Please make sure the group administrator is aware that the member numbers on the ID cards will be different. Their employees need to be aware that they need to present their new ID cards when they visit their doctors.
- Dependent ID cards – Members with dependents who did not have individual cards before will receive cards for each dependent.
- Most group numbers will stay the same – All but 11 group numbers on member ID cards will be the same. Groups with numbers that are changing will be notified. (The numbers being changed were duplicates of ones already in AMYSIS.)
Doctors are being notified through AHIN and Providers’ News to check for new member ID cards. Other changes to note:
The aggregated/accumulated deductible option will be eliminated. Plans affected will have the option of an embedded (most similar) or accumulated deductible upon renewal.