The Blue & You Fitness Challenge has had a makeover for 2021, and we wanted to let you know, so you can participate or share the information with your clients and prospects.
Here’s the low-down:
If you’re ready to say “so long” to 2020 and start strong in 2021, step up to the new and improved Blue & You Fitness Challenge.
What’s the Blue & You Fitness Challenge?
Founded and hosted by Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, the Arkansas Department of Health and the Arkansas Department of Human Services, the Challenge is a free three-month fitness competition in which participant exercise and gain points based on their activities. It’s a great way to get healthier; infuse new energy into your routine; bond with friends, family or colleagues and have fun. Some organizations even use the event as part of their wellness programs. The annual Challenge begins March 1 and runs through May.
What’s new about the Challenge?
And the 2021 Challenge is undergoing a complete makeover – based on your feedback! You can expect an interactive health-and-wellness platform to more easily track activity and measure standings. The new platform will include:
- A new look and redesigned website
- A new point-tracking system
- Syncing with wearable devices
- New group-size categories
- Automated support (reminders, troubleshooting, team management, etc.)
- A mobile app (for Apple and Android devices)
- Additional points for healthy behaviors (drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, meditating, etc.)
- Real-time views of team standings
- Some online surprises and accommodations for social distancing
When and how can teams sign up for the Challenge?
You can register your group now by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Just include your team name and contact information. An online registration link will come later, and your team members can start using it to sign up on February 1, 2021.
- January 14, 2021 – deadline for group registration
- February 1, 2021 – participant registration opens
- February 28, 2021 – last day for individual registration
- March 1 – Challenge begins
For more information, call 800-686-2609
So start 2021 strong and sign your team up today! It’s a great way to kick off a new year.