Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield has altered its plans for training on Ascend, the new enrollment platform for Medicare Advantage health plans, prescription drug plans and Medi-Pak® Medicare supplement policies.
In lieu of the “live” online trainings we had planned, we will provide you with a detailed user guide (with screen shots and step-by-step guidance on how to complete an enrollment) before October 15, 2020. Be on the lookout for that.
This guide will outline the process for:
- In-person enrollment
- Phone enrollment
- Email enrollment
The first step is that all new Ascend users will receive an email from Ascend with a request to create an account and password. After you complete this step, you will have access to the Ascend platform when it “goes live” on October 15, 2020.
If you are a current Ascend user (and your Ascend account email address is the same one we have on file for you), Arkansas Blue Cross will appear as a carrier option when you log in.
In the coming user guide, you will learn about Ascend’s features, which include:
- eSOA – Electronic Scope of Appointment, which makes quick work of these federally required forms
- RATE – Remote Agent Telephonic Enrollment, a convenient process that complies with federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements
- Quick Quote – A tool that allows you to quickly send email quotes that include detailed plan information and an enrollment application
- Send for Signature – To electronically sign documents
- Value-Based Enrollment (VBE) – This “opt in” feature allows applicants to complete a health risk assessment (HRA) and schedule an annual wellness visit (AWV) as part of the application process
- And much more!