Many employers can soon protect employees from COVID-19
Arkansas is finishing up vaccinations in its Phase 1-A coronavirus vaccination plan and is moving into the two categories of Phase 1-B. Here’s some information to help you prepare to execute a COVID-19 vaccination plan for your organization.
Who’s included? … and when?
1st wave of Phase 1-B (which began January 18, 2021)
- Arkansans aged 70 and older
- Education (including childcare, K-12 and higher education)
2nd wave of Phase 1-B (after the first wave is sufficiently implemented)>
- Food/agriculture workers
- Remaining firefighters (those not included in Phase 1-A)
- Remaining police and correctional personnel (those not included in Phase 1-A)
- Manufacturing workers
- Grocery store workers
- Public transit workers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Essential government workers
Where can employees get vaccinated?
Worksite vaccination clinics (to schedule worksite clinics, you can determine how many doses your organization needs and coordinate with:
- Local pharmacies – https://www.arrx.org/covid-vaccine-pharmacies
- Your Local Health Unit – Arkansas Department of Health
- Remember: The first two vaccines require two injections, a few weeks apart.
- Community pharmacies throughout Arkansas (by appointment)
Important note: Some people may try to “hedge their bets” by signing up to get vaccinated at multiple sites and see which one is scheduled soonest. This practice should be discouraged, as it makes it hard to gauge the actual demand at each site.
What are the cost implications?
- Federal law stipulates that vaccinated employees will bear no part of the costs of the vaccine or its administration (no copay, coinsurance, deductible, etc.)
- Claims may be filed for the cost of administering vaccines. To ensure proper reimbursement, claims should include codes that correspond to the first and second vaccination injections. Again, federal law stipulates that these costs be fully covered, with no cost-sharing by vaccine recipients.
This information is available as a PDF flyer, if you wish to share it with group clients and prospects.